Saturday, October 26, 2013

What Was I Thinking?!?!?!?

Seriously, someone explain to me what I was thinking!!!! I agreed to this as it was our outing for our 21st anniversary. A certain guilt follows me as I don't really think too much about anniversaries. Yes, I adore Hubby. Yes, I am thrilled to celebrate, but why can't we just celebrate the big ones!!!!

Well, with a couple of twenties in hand we went out to explore. This place is about an hour from our house. It's on the opposite side of San Antonio. It's actually a pretty cool little place. The best part...I didn't have to pay at all!!! Being a Certified Tourism Ambassador here in SA I occasionally get some discounts and freebies. Therefore I cashed in. Hubby only paid $20. Not bad if you ask me.

My biggest mistake....I let hubby decide which tour we should go on. He wanted the Hidden Caverns tour. I was fine with that. 185 steps down doesn't really sound too bad when you think about it quickly. BUT when you find out it is 3/4 of a mile down under the ground....HOLY MOLY!!!! It is the equivalent of 18 stories down. Again...it doesn't sound to bad to me. That's only 5 more floors than that hotel I work at. To me, it sounded doable.

Then I realized.....

Eventually, I would have to come back up.

GASP!!! Too late...I was already at the bottom!!

No comments: